NU procides following scholarships:
- NU Scholar Search Programme
- Special Scholarship
- Scholarship for Co-curricular Excellence (CoX)
- Special fee waiver
NU Scholar Search Programme
MS 1 Level
MS 2+ Level
MS 2 Level
MS 3 Level
Benefits under each plan
|MS 1||MS2+||MS 2||MS 3|
|Annual Scholarship [On university tuition fees only]||₹200,000||₹150,000||₹100,000||₹50,000|
Scholarships awarded on the basis of entrance examinations
|MS 1||MS2+||MS 2||MS 3|
|Annual Scholarship (On university tuition fees only)||₹ 200,000||₹ 150,000||₹ 100,000||₹ 50,000|
Scholarships awarded on the basis of academic performance
Boards: Category 1
- Tamil Nadu
- IB BOARD
|Combined marks of Class X and XII (%)||≥190||185-190||180-185||140-180|
Boards: Category 2
- Himachal Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
|Combined marks of Class X and XII (%)||≥185||180-185||170-180||150-170|
Boards: Category 3
- West Bengal
|Combined marks of Class X and XII (%)||≥170||160-170||150-160||140-160|
Terms and conditions of merit scholarships
- The above scholarships are merit based and subject to availability.
- The scholarship is valid for the full duration of the NU Programme in which the student is enrolled, subject to the student maintaining a minimum AGPA (Annual Grade Point Average) or CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) of 6.0 as per the then-applicable university Academic Policy.
- In the EAD mode, the scholarship will be offered on the basis of Class X performance on the assumption that Class XII performance will be equal to that of Class X. If Class XII performance is better than Class X, the scholarship is upgraded. However, if Class XII performance is lower than Class X, the scholarship will not be downgraded.
- The scholarship may be revoked in case the student faces a disciplinary action or is unable to comply with minimum attendance rules as specified in the Attendance Policy.
Upgradation of scholarship
- The scholarship may be upgraded (if applicable) if the student achieves a higher aggregate score in Class XII than their Class X performance. The upgrade also depends upon the applicant’s JEE Main/BITSAT/SAT/NEET scores/percentile, as applicable. However, if the applicant’s performance in Class XII is lower than Class X, their scholarship will remain at the same level offered already. Applicants must share these details for the Admission Committee’s consideration within 15 days from the date when results are declared.
The decision for upgradation of scholarships at entry or in subsequent years is at the sole discretion of NU Scholarship Committee and subject to availability of scholarships.
- The scholarship may be upgraded for one academic year if the student scores AGPA / CGPA of 9.0 and above in any academic year. Such a student will continue to draw the upgraded scholarship in subsequent years if their AGPA / CGPA remains at 9.0 or above. However, if it falls below 9.0 but remains above 6.0, the scholarship will be restored to the original level. In case the student scores a CGPA / AGPA of 10.0 at the end of any academic year, a full tuition fee waiver will be applicable for the next academic year.
To qualify for the Special Scholarship, the student should meet at least one of the following criteria:
|JEE Main/NEET Percentile||BITSAT Score||State Board Performer||IB Board||CBSE|
|97-100||300+||Top 10||40 points and above||Zonal Topper|
Terms and conditions:
- The scholarship is subject to the student maintaining a minimum AGPA/CGPA of 7.5 at the end of each academic year.
- To avail this scholarship, the students are required to submit the proof of meeting eligibility criteria at the time of enrolment.
Scholarship for Co-Curricular Excellence (CoX)
Continuing our commitment to co-curricular achievements, NU offers a special scholarship called CoX (Co-Curricular Excellence) beginning academic year 2022. Applicants who have demonstrated excellence in any co-curricular activity such as sports, music, fine arts, theatre, dance, or social service by participating in and receiving awards at State, National or International levels can apply for this scholarship.Read more
Terms and conditions:
- Students who have been offered a merit scholarship as well those who have not been offered one, are eligible to apply for CoX if they have documentary evidence of co-curricular excellence as mentioned above.
- To retain their CoX scholarship, students must participate in the students’ club corresponding to the concerned co-curricular activity.
- Apply for the CoX scholarship
|Criteria||Annual Fee Waiver Amount|
|Siblings of NU students, current and alumni||₹15,000|
|Children of current/ex-employees of NIIT Ltd., and its subsidiaries & NIIT Foundation||₹15,000|
|Children of current/ ex-employees of NU||₹15,000|
|Wards of Armed Forces Personnel (Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force only)||₹15,000|
|Students who are domiciled in Rajasthan||₹25,000 (Male students)
₹40,000 (Female students)
- The fee waivers above are in addition to any Merit Scholarship and/or CoX Scholarship as applicable. The fee waiver is applicable for only one of the categories mentioned above.
- To avail of the Special Fee waiver, the applicants must submit a written application at the time of registration at the campus with proof for the category applied for.