The programme builds students’ expertise to identify and analyse problems, develop feasible and sustainable alternatives, make effective decisions and solve business problems. The programme also develops effective communication skills among students to make them adept at writing business documents and preparing impactful business presentations using contemporary technology and tools. Thus, the programme is a perfect foundation to prepare students for postgraduate study and/or professional study.
The programme is apt for students seeking admission in a professional undergraduate management programme by keeping their options open for a separate postgraduate degree in management, later. It is also the right choice for students who intend to contribute to their family business.
NU’s BBA course allows increased choice to students. It provides a generalist route from which students can choose option modules to meet their individual needs and career aspirations. It caters to the demands of careers in emerging areas such as Analytics, Digital Marketing and Finance.
The programme structure is enriched with courses in functional areas of Marketing, Finance & Accounting, Information Systems, HRM, Operations, Strategic Management, Business Laws, and Business Ethics for an overall understanding of business.
Like all our other flagship programmes, the BBA course is designed around NU’s core principles of providing industry-linked, technology-based, research-driven and seamless education.
NU’s BBA programme stands differentiated based on the following salient features:
Industry Practice in Semester IV teaches the students about how corporates operate. It focuses on teaching the basics of business operations, organisational structure and hierarchy, and explains how multiple departments/ functional areas work to achieve the common goals in an organisational setup.
In Semester VI, students get the opportunity to gain experience working in interdisciplinary teams on real-life assignments in an organisation. During this phase of the Industry Practice, a student works on a real-time project of an organisation under the direct mentorship of an industry professional. This 6-month period enables the student to transition from a being a student to being a thorough professional in a seamless manner.
During this phase, students are guided by a faculty mentor from the NU campus, an off-campus resident mentor and an industry mentor from the organisation. This semester helps to build strong professional skills including planning, problem-solving, time management, written and verbal communication, cost management, teamwork, meeting deadlines, initiative, confidence to complete a task, integrity, customer and professional communication, etc.
Meet our faculty
|Foundation Courses (FOC)||12|
|Management and Skill Enhancement Courses (MAC & SEC)||49|
|HSS Courses (HSS)||12|
|Professional Elective Courses (PEC)||18|
|Industry Practice and Capstone Project (IP and PRC)||29|
|1||Introduction to Computing & Information Systems||2||–||–||2||SEC|
|2||Business Statistics – I||3||–||–||3||FC|
|4||Business and Management Accounting -I||3||1||4||MAC|
|6||Contemporary Business Issues||2||–||–||2||PRC|
|7||Office Productivity Tools||2||1||–||3||SEC|
|1||Business Statistics II||3||–||–||3||FOC|
|2||Business Economics II||3||–||–||3||FOC|
|3||Business Report Writing||2||1||–||3||SEC|
|5||Business and Management Accounting -II||3||–||–||3||MAC|
|6||Financial Management I||3||–||–||3||MAC|
|5||Business Organisations and Management||3||–||–||3||MAC|
|6||Financial Management II||3||–||–||3||MAC|
|7||Communication Proficiency & Professional Skills||3||–||–||3||HSS|
|8||Human Resource Management||3||–||–||3||MAC|
|2||Business ethics and values in Management||3||–||–||3||HSS|
|3||Business Laws & Corporate Governance||3||–||–||3||HSS|
|3||Professional Elective I||3||–||–||3||PEC|
|4||Professional Elective II||4||–||–||4||PEC|
|5||Professional Elective III||4||–||–||4||PEC|
|6||Professional Elective IV||4||–||–||4||PEC|
|7||Professional Elective V||3||–||–||3||PEC|
- The BBA programme prepares the students with the necessary fundamentals for business and management in areas like business laws, economics, analytics, accounting, etc. The BBA programme helps students build a theoretical foundation along with practical knowledge through projects and multiple assignments.
- In the dynamic business world, any undergraduate student can be confused about how to go about building their career. The BBA programme is intended to acclimatise the student to the business world and expose them to the working environment. Students can then make informed decisions after working for a span of 2-3 years and understanding skills needed for the industry. This helps the student grow at a faster pace.
- The rise of the new-age skills in the fields of Analytics, Digital Marketing, Financial Technology, Automation, etc require specific prowess in Industry 4.0 tools and technologies. The BBA course, with specialisations in these relevant areas, aims to address the current industry demands for skilled resources.
- The programme is aimed to equip the students with skill sets and competence for ‘first hour, first day’ productivity at the industry. The two-industry practices of 6 months each and totalling up to 12 months is one such step which ensures the industry readiness of the graduates from this programme.
- BBA is the first-degree programme that helps students to orient themselves to emerging fields in the industry.
- BBA provides flexibility to students to gain knowledge in a specialisation, work as an intern for a year and seamlessly start working as an employee with domain expertise. They can also choose to change the field and explore new areas for their second degree.
- The BBA programme is designed to provide an opportunity to students from various fields – Mathematics/ Biology/Humanities/Commerce to specialise in technology-intensive areas without forgoing their aspirations of pursuing a management programme.
- The programme focuses on interpreting results and outputs of the statistical and mathematical functions from a managerial perspective rather than a deep focus on the mathematical operations.
- BBA provides a broad coverage of such specialisations, while the iMBA programme provides the breadth and the depth in the chosen specialisation.
- Most BBA course prepare students for a general profile and is usually restricted in its scope. However, NU’s BBA course equips students with specialisations as required by the demands of Industry 4.0
- NU’s expertise and reputation of successfully conducting ‘industry-linked’ programmes remains one of its core strengths. 719 NU graduates joined ICICI Bank as mid-level managers in highly specialised roles; more than 300 NU graduates joined UBI & Bank of Maharashtra; more than 200 students joined core analytics organisations. NU’s expertise in providing industry-relevant, specialised programmes remains unchallenged.
- NU’s expertise to offer courses for the banking industry with access to dummy servers for Finnacle, a dedicated Finance Research & Engineering lab, Mock Bank Branch for students to simulate the banking profession is preeminent. For the Analytics and Data Science industry, the university has the resources and expertise to offer courses in Big Data Analytics using Hadoop, Cloud solutions using AWS & Azure, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Data visualisation tools such as Power BI & Tableau, Automation through RPA using UI Path and Blue Prism.
- NU shares a long legacy of a reputed parent group/team which pioneered and revolutionised the tech education in India. A visionary leadership team at NU, provides the right guidance, steering and motivation to a student to flourish and succeed in career unlike most of the other institutions which lack such vision and parenting.
- The BBA programme at NU takes a holistic approach to education providing a broad understanding of business and management concepts with a strong focus on updated and job-ready curriculum and an exciting mix of courses/specialisations to pick from. Also, it is a lifelong learning at NU with the exciting co-curricular activities, student clubs, events, community connect, etc.
- Aptitude and aspiration to take an undergraduate programme which equip them with requisite skill sets and qualifies them for a role in the emerging areas of knowledge society
- Critical thinker with solution orientation
- Good communication skills