Centres of Excellence
Incubating ideas. Encouraging innovation
Educational Technology Innovation Centre – ETIC
ETIC enables the creation of a resource pool of innovative research scholars who shall provide a distinctive character to NU’s vision of being the University of the Future. Along with live projects that the Centre rolls out, students can work on turning their own ideas into reality, with the support and direction of ETIC. Students working on R&D projects and other ETIC initiatives are designated ‘Information Research Innovators’ and knowledge ambassadors who spearhead the university’s technology drive.
At the root of the education technology innovation at ETIC is the symbiotic information processing synergy researched by the ET Area, NU between:
- Teacher belief in networking view of information processing in human brain and, accordingly, constructivist view of learning
- Implementation of value creating work – learning linking pedagogy in institution classroom and industry workplace, as the case may be, so as to address opportunities of metacognitive learning
- Use of convergence technology (CT) enabled ET for delivery of brain aligned instruction for amazing learning outcomes
- Learning Premier Leagues – All first year BTech students irrespective of stream, work in teams on projects having impact in the future.
- Additive Curriculum – Vertical integration of courses based on industry-linked value-creating experiential learning
- CoEET – Creation of a Centre of Excellence in Educational Technology entirely managed by NUtons thus making them the drivers of their own learning
Centre of Excellence in Banking & Finance (COEBF)
- A six-month post graduate certificate course, Advanced Bank Management Programme is tailored to suit executives (graduates with five years’ experience in the sector) working in the banking and finance sector with the objective of building up managerial capabilities
- Short-duration certificate courses in the area of Big Data and Business Analytics, Risk Management, etc., in collaboration with internationally reputed faculty
- Customised programmes/courses for banks, NBFCs and financial institutions
- Management Development Programmes
- MBA (Banking and Finance)
- MBA (Banking Technology)
- Special management courses for SME and entrepreneurs with deep focus on finance and management
Centres that have completed their Charter of Activities
NU-Microsoft Innovation Centre
NU’s student researchers have been finalists at the prestigious Microsoft Imagine Cup in 2015 and 2016. MIC conducted many other interesting competitions, such as technical quizzes, Ideathons, and Kill that Bug contests. The MIC team also collaborated with the organising team of the students’ fest – IngeNUity, to co-create exciting and interesting events.
MIC offered NUtons access to a huge library of Microsoft software tools and products apart from online training material dealing with currently prevalent technologies.