Discover the ways in which you can explore and collaborate
- Science labs
- Educational Technology Lab
At NU we want students to learn to ‘do’. So, we encourage students to build their own circuits from scratch to sharpen their assembling, testing, and debugging skills with respect to analogue and digital circuits.
The electronics lab has a well-stocked store of discrete components and integrated circuits, both analogue and digital, micro-controllers, etc.Read More
The labs are also stocked with the following:
- Cathode ray oscilloscopes
- Storage oscilloscopes
- Function generators
- Power supplies
- Digital trainers
- Spectrum analyser
- Mechatronics board with programmers
- Experimental kits for analogue and digital communication and digital signal processing
- Information Technology Lab:
A 60-seater lab based on Windows OS, is equipped with Synchronous Learning technique which enables students to be exposed to a real-time learning environment.
- Software Engineering Lab:
Like the IT Lab, this 30-seater lab also operates on NU’s Imperia Network making it easier for industry experts and academia to interact online. Equipped with Synchronous Learning technique, the software engineering lab is Windows-based.
- Interactive classroom (ICR):
ICR labs are Linux-based, giving students a chance to familiarise themselves with both operating systems.
- Network Lab:
Equipped with wireless sensor network nodes that give practical insight to students on the various aspects of wireless sensor network.
The labs are all equipped with software packages like StarUML, a crucial facet for the teaching-learning process. Through these labs, students can also connect with applications like the Prowess database for MBA, etc, that are hosted centrally on the Data Centre servers.
- Cold room:
For storing microbial cultures and housing equipment like fast performance liquid chromatography (FPLC) for protein purification
- Constant temperature room:
Maintained at 37°C and housed with shakers (Kuhner) to incubate a large number of variable volume flasks
- Shakers and BOD incubators (New Brunswick):
Housed in common laboratories
- Laminar Air Flow Cabinets (Toshiba, India):
For the cultivation of microbes under sterile conditions
- Anaerobic chamber (Shel Lab):
For the cultivation of obligate anaerobes
- Measurement of Magnetic Susceptibility
- Hall Effect
- Ultrasonic Diffraction
- Brewster’s Angle
- Single and Double Slit Diffraction
- Melde’s Experiment
- Diffraction Grating
- Measurement of e/m for electrons
- Normal modes of a Coupled Pendulum
- Electromagnetic Induction
- LCR Circuit
- Newton’s Rings
- Diffraction Grating
- Beckmann’s apparatus
- Ostwald viscometer
- M.P. apparatus
- pH meter
- Chromatography equipment
- High-pressure autoclave
- High-pressure vacuum
Educational Technology lab
Some educational paradigms have been invented by our very own NUtons!
- Students can access over 100 national and international journals in print, supporting their research needs across varied disciplines.
- Our association with EBSCO, the leading provider of research databases and e-journals, enables students to access finance and management journals online.
- Browse the library on the intranet from anywhere in the campus.
- An online public access catalogue (OPAC) on the NU intranet.