Guidelines to apply
So, you’re interested in studying at NIIT University (NU)? We couldn’t be happier!
What are we looking for?
|Stream||Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Data Science, Cyber Security, Biotechnology|
|Class X aggregate %||60%|
|Class X (Required subjects)||English, Math, Science, Social Science. Fifth subject can be of student’s choice|
|Class XII aggregate %||Successful Completion|
|Class XII (Required subjects)||Refer to table below|
|IB/Cambridge Board||Scored ≥ Grade 4 in IB Board or minimum Grade C in Cambridge IGCSE Board|
* Required Subjects for admission to BTech, and Integrated MTech Programmes and Integrated MSc (Computer Science) Programmes for Admissions 2022
|Discipline||Mandatory Subjects in XII||Fourth Subject in XII: any one|
|Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Cybersecurity, Data Science||Physics, Mathematics and English||Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Electronics, Information Technology, Informatics Practices, Engineering Graphics, Agriculture, Business Studies, Entrepreneurship, Technical Vocational subject|
|Biotechnology||Physics, Chemistry and English||Biology, Biotechnology, Mathematics|
|Integrated MSc (Computer Science)||English and any Two out of Physics,Mathematics,Biology,Chemistry||Physics,Mathematics,Biology,Chemistry,Biotechnology or any subject listed for BTech CSE in the first row of this table|
|Class 10 aggregate %||50%|
|Class 10(Required subjects)||English,Math,Science,Social Science .Fifth subject can be of student’s choice|
|Class 12 aggregate %||Successful completion|
|Class 12 (Required subjects)||English and any 3 subjects from History, Political Science, Geography, Economics, Sociology, Business Studies, Accountancy, Entrepreneurship, Legal Studies, Knowledge Tradition & Practices of India, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or Informatics Practices, Biology or Biotechnology, Electronics, Information Technology, Engineering Graphics, Agriculture, Technical vocational subject Fifth subject can be of student’s choice.|
|IB/Cambridge Board||Scored ≥ Grade 6 in IB Board or minimum grade D in Cambridge IGCSE Board|
|Criteria||Applicants applying to NU’s MTech ET programme may choose between two may choose between two specialisations – Teaching Learning Process Innovation and Business Model Process Innovation depending on whether they qualify as in-service or pre-service. The applicants must indicate their choice at the time of application.|
|Class X aggregate %||≥ 50%|
|Class XII aggregate %||≥ 50%|
|Bachelor’s aggregate %||≥ 50%|
|Master’s aggregate % (if applicable)||≥ 50%|
- Applicants must have a four-year bachelor’s degree in Engineering (any stream)
- Professionals with a three-year bachelor’s degree must have adequate IT training and professional practice (minimum two years) in an ET relevant industry/organisation/ department/desk/ in India or abroad. They must also have three years relevant experience in any of the above-mentioned areas.
- Pre-service applicants are required to appear for the NIIT University ET Admission Competency Test and a subsequent screening interview.
- In-service applicants shall be evaluated on the basis of the candidates’ interest, experience and suitability for the programme along with the recommendation of the sponsoring organisation.
- Applicants to NU’s MTech GIS programme must have a master’s degree (or must be completing their master’s degree in the current academic year) in any one of the following disciplines:
- Remote Sensing
- Environmental Sciences
- GI Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Economic Geography
- A Master’s degree in related area
A bachelor’s degree (or completing their degree in the current academic year) in:
- The applicant must have scored first division [T15] in any two exams out of their Class X, Class XII or bachelors, and second division in the third examination.
- Applicants must have secured ≥ 50% in relevant bachelor’s degree.
Also of interest
NU’s PhD programmes are offered to applicants with or without experience, and to those sponsored by an industry/organisation. Entrance tests for eligible candidates are held online. Candidates who have qualified for UGC NET and/or GATE are exempt from NU’s entrance examination. All candidates will have an in-person interview with the faculty of the research discipline they have applied to.
The minimum educational qualifications for admission to NU’s PhD programmes are:
- A master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the master’s degree, by the
corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade
‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is
- An equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognised or authorised by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- In case of foreign-degree holders, registration for the PhD programme is confirmed after the determination of equivalence by the relevant university body.
- In case of NU alumni from BTech / iMBA programmes, a minimum 8.5 CGPA is a must.
- Applicants who have cleared a MPhil programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and after successfully completing the MPhil degree are eligible to proceed to conduct research work leading to a PhD in the same institution in an integrated programme
- A relaxation of 5% of the marks, i.e., from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to the SC/ST/OBC/differently abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the commission from time to time.
Also of interest
NU currently offers two industry linked programmes.
MTech Cyber Security with Infosys
- Four years (minimum) work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (or equivalent in an appropriate area)
- MS (Computer Science/Information Technology
- Graduates (AMIETE) from Institution of Electronics of Telecommunications
- Engineers (IETE) in Computer Science or Engineering
Applicants who have completed their first degree outside India must:
- Have passed the examination in the concerned subject*
- Fulfil minimum eligibility criteria for admission from a university/Board included in the list of Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Obtain and submit an equivalence certificate from AIU, subject to final verification by NU (If the university/Board is not on the AIU list)
MBA ISDE with Coforge
- Educational qualifications: BE/BTech
- Minimum 55% marks at graduation
- 18 months of relevant professional work experience (minimum) after graduation