List of B Tech Programmes
List of courses, duration, subjects, approach, list of courses, eligibility, admission
List of B Tech Degrees at NU
NIIT University focuses on ensuring that aspiring engineering graduates of the campus are a part of these exciting careers of the future. NU’s 4 core principles – Industry-linked, Technology-based, Research-driven and Seamless – play a critical part in achieving this.
B Tech: Approach, duration, syllabus & structure
- Humanities, Mathematics, Basic Sciences & Management – To develop analytical ability and acquire interdisciplinary knowledge
- Professional Core – To gain proficiency in the domain area
- Professional Electives – To specialize in an industry-specific domain
- R&D Project – To inculcate a strong research bent of mind
- Capstone Project – To acquire the skills needed to work in complex and collaborative work environments
- Open Electives – To orient towards professional interests that intersect different domains
- Activity Oriented Courses – To hone the personality traits necessary for holistic development
- Industry Practice – To connect seamlessly with the world of work through industry work or industry-oriented research
B Tech at NU: Focused on activity-oriented courses for holistic development
It is a well-recognised fact that success in the world of work is not achieved merely by being good in a specialised domain of knowledge, but it is also determined by the non-academic attributes or qualities possessed by an individual, such as collaboration, team work, ability to withstand time pressure without loss of focus, planning and organising abilities, leadership, etc.
The co-curricular activities undertaken in the numerous clubs at NU in arts, photography, robotics, drama, etc. impart the above qualities essential for competitive survival in the professional world, but they lie totally outside the ledger of academic accounting.
To correct this myopic view, B Tech degree students can, apart from the regular courses from Humanities & Social Sciences, choose courses based on activities undertaken in the clubs outside the classroom. The necessary academic rigor has been defined to give academic credits to these activity-based courses.
B Tech at NU: Experiential learning and a unique industry practice at the core
Minors for B Tech students
Currently minors are offered in Finance, Business Analytics and Entrepreneurship.
Eligibility for B Tech
NU uses a unique admission process, our proprietary Admission Interaction Process to on-board students. It is applicable for students applying for any of the B Tech courses that NU offers. While academic excellence in qualifying examinations is an important parameter, we also give weightage to a student’s motivation and drive to learn and succeed.
The key eligibility criteria include:
- Class X aggregate: 60%
- Class XII aggregate: 60%
- IB/Cambridge Board: Scored ≥ Grade 4 in IB Board or minimum Grade C in Cambridge IGCSE Board
- Entrance exam:
- A valid JEE main/BITSAT/SAT/NEET/any state engineering entrance examination rank/score