As safe as home
NU is a fully secure campus with a single point of entry, monitored through strategically deployed CCTVs and guards. Entry and exit from the campus are regulated through the main gate based on due and prior permissions. Parents are notified through SMS on their registered mobile phones every time a student leaves or enters the campus.
Every hostel also has a single entry point manned by guards. The Girls Hostel has dedicated lady guards and a resident lady warden. NU functionaries including hostel wardens stay in the immediate vicinity of the hostel and add to the comfort and safety of the students. A 24×7 operational health centre with at least one doctor, paramedics and a standby vehicle is available on the campus
Student code of conduct
- Stage 1: Respective hostel wardens and Chief Warden
- Stage 2: Faculty mentor (nominated by name for each student)
- Stage 3: ‘Mitra Dwar’, the Student Support Centre, headed by a senior faculty member
- Stage 4: Dean Student Affairs
- Stage 5: External Counsellor for students requiring specific psychological support
Policy against sexual harassment
NU has constituted an Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) to deal with any instance of sexual harassment that any member of the university, including students, academic and non-academic staff, might face.