Make a difference in your field
NIIT University (NU) invites applications to its PhD programmes. Work experience is not a criterion for selection. Candidates who are employed/sponsored by industry may also apply.
PhD Admissions 2022 – Announcement
|Application Submission||June 30 2022|
|Intimation for Written Exam and/or Interview||July 07 2022|
|Written Exam and/or Interview||July 14 2022|
|Result Declaration||July 21 2022|
|Enrolment||July 29 2022|
|Registration & Programme Commencement||August 01 2022|
- Candidates who have passed their UGC NET and/or GATE
- Any applicant working as Assistant Professor (or at a higher level) in a recognised institute/university including NU
- All candidates must appear for an in-person interview conducted by the faculty of the research discipline they are applying to.
How to apply
- Have qualified for UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGCCSIR NET (including JRF) /SLET/GATE examinations
- Hold a teacher fellowship
- Have passed a MPhil programme and have valid scores of any of the national examinations
(any of the above) must submit the relevant documents as proof along with the other documents. All the documents must be self-attested.
An applicant may choose to submit the completed application form, along with all the required documents in one of the following ways:
- Upload the completed form and other relevant documents online at www.niituniversity.in
- Send the documents by registered post/speed post/courier service to NU Central Admissions Office at NIIT House, 85, Sector 32, Institutional Area, Gurugram– 122001.
- Submit application form and required documents in person to an authorised NU representative, details of which are available on the NU website.
- Email the scanned copy of the completed form to, along with the scanned copies of the required documents.
The entrance examination comprises of a written test (aptitude and subject specific). The examination is based on the current GATE Syllabus for Science and Engineering, current UGC NET syllabus for Management and Humanities and Social Sciences. The test comprises multiple choice questions and/or short answer-based questions. Marks gained in the entrance exam will carry 70% weightage.
The interview/viva voce also considers whether:
- the candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research.
- the research work can be suitably undertaken at the institution/college.
- the proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
Candidates who have confirmed their admission are required to come to the university campus on the date prescribed in the academic calendar to complete the first registration formalities including verification of their original marksheets of their master’s degree (if applicable), the Baccalaureate degree, and the Class X and XII examinations.