Ms Meera S Datta
Prof Meera S Datta is an Associate Professor of Electronics and Communications Engineering at NIIT University (NU). Prof Datta is currently pursuing her PhD in Educational Technology at NU.
At NU, Prof Datta guides several BTech research and development projects such as developing mobile apps for the intellectually disabled, IoT for healthcare, social network analysis of computer-supported collaborative learning, etc. Apart from teaching and research, Prof Datta is a Faculty Mentor for Industry Practice and also manages the NU website.
Previously, Prof Datta worked at the Centre for Research in Cognitive Systems (CRCS), NIIT Ltd., as a Senior Manager R&D – Educational Technology, where she was involved in several research projects in the areas of content co-creation, user-generated media, mobile applications for remote monitoring and technology-based tracking of learners in open learning environments. She has played an active role in the creation of NIIT University and managed the technology courses for the MTech Educational Technology programme, as well as instated the learning management system, Moodle. Apart from this, she was also involved in CII and other government committees to envision the education ecosystem of the future.
Prof Datta’s earlier work involved researching, designing and developing award-winning products for children’s science education. She was responsible for creating a viable and scalable model for developing talent as a means to achieve global readiness in small towns for the IT and allied sectors. Her work has resulted in the creation of District Learning Centres which offer quality training to youth in order to make them employable and funded by the NSDC.
- Pursuing PhD (Educational Technology)
- MS (Software Systems)
- BE (Electronics)
- Industrial research – 20 years
- University – 10 years
- Microprocessors & Microcontrollers
- Embedded Systems
- Advanced Embedded Systems
- Digital Logic & Circuits
- Computer Organisation & Architecture
- Digital Image Processing
- eLearning Tools and Techniques for Online Learning
- Communication as Digital Choreography
- Mobile Computing and its Applications
- IoT Systems for Mobile Healthcare
- Technology-based Solutions for Mainstreaming Intellectually Disabled
- Value-creating Experiential Learning
- Brain-aligned Realistic Project-based Learning
- Teaching-Learning Process Business Process Integration for Futures’ Employability
- Embedded and IoT Solutions for Mobile Healthcare and Intellectually Disabled
- VSM based Experiential Learning using Technology
- Technology-based Business and Teaching-Learning Process Integration Solutions
- M. S. Datta and V. M. Mandke, “Data Science in education,” in Data Science and Its Applications, A. Sharaff and G. R. Sinha, Eds.,1st ed., USA: Chapman, 2021, doi:10.1201/9781003102380
- M.S. Datta and S. Das, “How rural broadband over cognitive radio networks helps,” in Electronics For You, Dec. 2016.
- M. S. Datta and S. Gupta, “Sensor-enabled computer-based training for augmenting science education,” IWALT 2000, Dec 4-6. 2000.
- M.S.Datta, “Transforming NITs and IIESTs into high quality research institutes, a report by Research Pathway Committee,” submitted to Ministry of Human Resource Development Government of India, May 2017, Invited Member of Committee.
- M. S. Datta and S. Gupta, “Sensor-enabled computer-based training for augmenting science education,” in IWALT 2000, Dec. 4-6, 2000.
- S. Gupta, M. S. Datta, V. Rana, and S. Grover, “Electronic Mimosa,” in Proc. SPIE Stereoscopic Displays and Virtual Reality Systems III, M. T. Bolas, S. S. Fisher, and J. O. Merritt,; Eds. 1996, vol. 2653, pp. 228-233; , 1996.
Book and Book Chapters
- M. S. Datta, and V. M. Mandke,“Data Science in education,” in Data Science and Its Applications, A. Sharaff and G. R. Sinha, Eds., 1st ed., USA: Chapman, 2021, doi:10.1201/9781003102380.
- M. S. Datta and S. Das, “How rural broadband over cognitive radio networks helps,” in Electronics For You, Dec. 2016.
- M. S. Datta “Downsizing net access,” Dataquest, Nov. 15 2000.
- M. S . Datta, “Sensing the real world,” Dataquest, Aug. 31, 2000.
- S. Gupta, M. S. Datta, and V. Rana, “System and method for computer assisted experimentation for electricity,” Indian Patent 256331, Dec. 1 2006.
- M. S. Datta, S. Gupta, and V. Rana, “Computer assisted learning for heat,” Indian Patent 249574, Mar. 20, 2009.
- S. Gupta, M. S. Datta, and V. Rana, “An Improved pointing device for computers,” Indian Patent 217558, Mar. 3, 2006.
- System & method for computer assisted experimentation for sound (filed with the Indian Patent Office).