At NIIT University (NU), we value scholarship and the spirit of enquiry. Research is part of our ethos, and we introduce it from the first year of undergraduate studies so that students can be trained to become familiar with real-world problems and work towards finding solutions. Our doctoral programme is an extension of this unique approach.
NU’s PhD programmes offer curious minds a chance to immerse themselves in deep theoretical analysis with the help of strong mentorships and advanced technological facilities. Research scholars adhere to rigorous academic training. They work closely with international universities and research organisations and produce original research of high quality. Working closely with faculty, our doctoral candidates immerse themselves in an intellectually driven, research-oriented atmosphere and work towards generating knowledge that can be applied to practice and policies.
Research at NU is funded by several government bodies and industry partnerships.
NU invites applicants to the PhD programmes. Work experience is not a criterion for selection. Candidates who are employed/sponsored by industry may also apply to our current portfolio of PhD programmes in eight areas, namely:
- Computer Science
- Educational Technology
- Cyber Security
- Computers & Communication Engineering
- Geographic Information Systems
- Mathematics & Basic Sciences including Physics and Chemistry
- Management Disciplines
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Electronics & Communications
The overall session was really great as it made me aware of myself; unless I know myself, I will not be able to know what I really want in my life." — PhD student quote
For eligibility requirements, click here
How to apply
An applicant may choose to download the application form for admission to a PhD programme, print, fill and submit the completed form, along with all the required documents in one of the following ways:
- Send the documents by registered post/speed post/courier service to NU Central Admissions Office.
- Submit application form and required documents in person to an authorised NU representative at NU Admissions Office.
- Email the scanned copy of the completed form to email@example.com, along with the scanned copies of their Class X, Class XII, graduation, and post-graduation mark sheets and other required documents
- Aptitude test
The test is conducted for a duration of 40 minutes.
- Applicant faculty interaction
The interaction is conducted either face-to-face or through video conferencing. The following is assessed during the PCI:
- The reason for the choice of stream
- Written and oral English skills
- Interest and hobbies
- Degree of self-awareness
- Out-of-the-box thinking
- Behaviour and attitude
- Overall personality
An admission offer will be made to selected candidates within xxxxxxx of the completion of the interview, via SMS, email and courier.
Applicants must submit their graduation/post-graduation mark sheet (if not submitted along with the application form) to NU Admissions Office with the reference of application number latest by the communicated due date. If the results of graduation/post-graduation examinations have not yet been announced by the university, the applicant must inform the NU Admissions Office about the delay and seek a written extension for the submission of the graduation/post-graduation results.
Admission to the programme is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Submission of duly completed application form by specified date with all necessary documents as specified in the prospectus/admission notification, along with the application fee of Rs1,500.
- Applicant must submit their acceptance letter duly signed and pay a non-refundable fee of Rs20,000 towards acceptance and admission processing fee by cash, or by electronic transfer, or by crossed Demand Draft in favour of NIIT University payable at New Delhi, within five working days from the receipt of offer letter, and courier the same to the NU Admission Office, failing which the admission offer will automatically stand withdrawn.
- Admission is valid only for the programme stated in the offer letter for the academic year 2022-2023.